This web page details terms and conditions relevant to:
- Using this website.
- Data Protection and GDPR Compliance Statement.
- Purchase Policy.
We may update these terms and conditions at any time without notice.
Governing law – These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute should be administered in accordance with the law of England and Wales and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Using this website
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using this website.
Our website is operated by The Change Consortium. The Change Consortium is a charity registered in England and Wales – Company Number 07422755 Registered address at West Bromwich Town Hall, Lodge Road, West Bromwich, B70 9DY.
Use License – Copyright material presented on our website is owned by The Change Consortium unless otherwise stated. Permission is allowed to temporarily download one duplicate of the materials (data or programming) on The Change Consortium’s site for individual and non-business use only. This is a permit of license and not an exchange of title.
Under this permit, you may not:
- Modify or copy the materials.
- Use the materials for any commercial use or for any public presentation (business or non-business).
- Attempt to decompile or rebuild any product or material contained on The Change Consortium’s site.
- Remove any copyright or other restrictive documentations from the materials.
- Transfer the materials to someone else or copy the materials on another server.
This permit of license may be terminated by The Change Consortium if you disregard any of these confinements and you must destroy any downloaded materials in your ownership whether in electronic or printed form.
The content on The Change Consortium’s website is for general information only. Whilst we make every effort to keep this website up to date, we do not provide any guarantees or warrantees that the information will be current, secure, accurate, complete or free from bugs or viruses. We are not liable for any loss or damage that may come from using The Change Consortium website and we are not responsible for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or computer system that might happen when you use our website. This also includes the inability to use our website and any websites that are linked to or from it.
The materials showing up on The Change Consortium’s site could incorporate typographical, or photographic mistakes. The Change Consortium does not warrant that any of the materials on its site are exact, finished, or current. The Change Consortium may roll out improvements to the materials contained on its site whenever without notification. The Change Consortium does not, then again, make any dedication to update the materials.
The Change Consortium has not checked on most of the websites or links connected to its website and is not in charge of the substance of any such connected webpage. The incorporation of any connection does not infer support by The Change Consortium of the site. Utilization of any such connected site is at the user’s own risk.
The Change Consortium may update these terms of utilization for its website whenever without notification. By utilizing this site, you are consenting to be bound by the then current form of these Terms and Conditions of Use.
Cookies are small text files that are placed automatically onto your device by some websites that you visit. They are widely in use and help allow a website to function.
By using our website, you consent to the placement of these cookies.
We recommend that you do not disable cookies, but it is possible to prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser. However, this may affect the functionality of our website and other websites you visit.
The cookies we set include:
- Account related cookies.
- Login related cookies.
- Email newsletter related cookies.
- Orders processing related cookies.
- Forms related cookies.
- Third Party cookies.
Data Protection and GDPR Compliance Statement
Statement from The Change Consortium regarding compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which came into force on 25 May 2018.
As an organisation, we are aware of our responsibilities under GDPR.
The Change Consortium will handle and protect your personal data in line with GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018. We are dedicated to safeguarding your personal information and maintaining a system that meets our obligations under the new regulations.
As the organisation responsible for The Change Consortium network and charity run projects, we keep and process information about members for normal operational purposes. The information we hold and process is used for management and administrative use only. We keep and use it to enable us to run the business and manage our relationship with you effectively, lawfully and appropriately. This includes using information to enable us to comply with any legal requirements, pursue legitimate and protect our legal position in the event of legal proceedings. If you do not provide this data, we may be unable in some circumstances to comply with our obligations and we will tell you about the implications of that decision.
Whilst pursuing the aims and activities of The Change Consortium groups, ensembles or events, we may sometimes need to process your data to pursue our legitimate business interests, for example, to prevent fraud, administrative purposes or reporting potential crimes. We will never process your data where these interests are overridden by your own interests.
Much of the information we hold will have been provided by you, and you will always be aware of the information you have given as you are the primary source.
Where we are processing data based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. However, this may make it impossible for us to communicate with you under such circumstances.
We will only disclose information about you to third parties if we are legally obliged to do so or where we need to comply with our contractual duties to you.
If we intend to process your personal data for a purpose other than that for which is as collected, we will provide you with information on that purpose and other relevant information.
Your rights under the GDPR
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018, you have the right to the protection of your personal data.
Information must be:
- Used fairly, lawfully and transparently.
- Used for specified, explicit purposes.
- Used in a way that is adequate, relevant and limited to only what is necessary.
- Accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
- Kept for no longer than is necessary.
- Handled in a way that ensures appropriate security, including protection against unlawful or unauthorised processing, access, loss, destruction or damage
Under the Data Protection Act 2018, you have the right to find out what information The Change Consortium stores about you. This includes the right to:
- Be informed about how your data is being used.
- Access personal data.
- Have incorrect data updated.
- Have data erased.
- Stop or restrict the processing of your data.
- Data portability (allowing you to get and reuse your data for different services).
- Object to how your data is processed in certain circumstances.
You also have rights for:
- Automated decision-making processes (without human involvement).
- Profiling, for example to predict your behaviour or interests.
(information sourced from www.gov.uk, September 2021)
How to make a complaint
If you have any concerns about how your personal data is processed by The Change Consortium, please contact our Financial Controller.
Or write to: The Change Consortium, Town Hall, West Bromwich, B70 8AY
You have the right to lodge a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office if you believe that we have not complied with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation or the Data Protection Act 2018 about your personal data.
Your privacy is critical to us, and we are committed to complying with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018.
All your personal data, whether it is paper-based or computer records, will be handled in accordance with GDPR, and The Change Consortium has procedures in place to ensure that it is secure. This policy demonstrates how we gather, utilise, impart and reveal, and use individual data.
What information do we collect?
- Information you give us as a supporter.
- Personal information will include the information you give us such as your name, email and postal address, telephone number and a record of your donations. This information will only be collected with your consent and if you unsubscribe, your details will be removed from our system.
- Information you give us as a member of The Change Consortium Ensembles – personal information will include your name, email, postal address, telephone number, medical information if appropriate, details of an emergency contact/next of kin, and anonymous statistical data that we use for fundraising or grant funding reporting.
- Information you give us as a participant in our activities and projects – personal information will include your name, email, postal address, telephone number and anonymous statistical data that we use for fundraising or grant funding reporting.
- Information about any interactions with our organisation – for example, if you contact us about our work or to make a complaint. Personal information will include your name, email, postal address, telephone number and the nature of the query or complaint.
The only people who will have access to your personal data are staff members and trusted work placement volunteers who have a legitimate reason for access. Your personal data will be kept as secure as possible.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will gather and utilization of individual data singularly with the target of satisfying those reasons indicated by us and for other good purposes, unless we get the assent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only hold individual data for the length of time that is essential for the satisfaction of those reasons.
- We will gather individual data by legal and reasonable means and, where fitting, with the information or assent of the individual concerned.
- Personal information ought to be important to the reasons for which it is to be utilised, and, to the degree essential for those reasons, ought to be exact, finished, and updated.
- We will protect individual data by security shields against misfortune or burglary, and also unapproved access, divulgence, duplicating, use or alteration.
- We will promptly provide customers with access to our policies and procedures for the administration of individual data.
- We are focused on leading our business as per these standards with a specific end goal to guarantee that the privacy of individual data is secure and maintained.
Copyright @ The Change Consortium 2023